A swell of short-term clarity rises around me.
Things I am believing tonight:
- Water is important to human life particularly when you go without it for a while. Or without the full quantity you typically enjoy or when you’re constantly imbibing salty things and staring into computer screens.
- Your neck has its limitations.
- I like the idea of love hotels.
- I have written more prolifically than I realized on the subject of witches.
- Certain things happening or not happening with regard to one’s pants are frustrating the holy hell out of me.
- I am thinking about how much I need and want to light a candle.
- Read a book, too, I need to read a book.
- The Handmaid’s Tale is really one of the most extraordinary things ever produced for TV and I loved the book, I think the language in it is astonishing in its poetically coerced demand for your attention. And somehow the cinematography achieves that here in its own way.
- I am acting out because of my frustration.
- They’re signing me up for a class called Crucial Conversations and I know it would help me if I could just relax about it.
- The computer is too hot to type on.